The Lower Silesian Regional Development Agency (Dolnośląska Agencja Rozwoju Regionalnego S.A.) was established in 1991, with the objective of providing support for the social and economic transformation of the Wałbrzych region, the restructuring of its economy and the development of businesses. Its initial share capital, which currently stands at PLN 9,790,000, was collected by way of six private issue of shares. Amongst the major shareholders are:
- Gmina Szczawno Zdrój - 52,77%,
- Agencja Rozwoju Przemysłu 36,53%;
- Gmina Wałbrzych - 4,188%;
- Bank Inicjatyw Społeczno - Ekonomicznych S.A. - 3,664%;
- Bank Zachodni WBK S.A. - 1,021%;
- nineteen communes of the Dolny Śląsk Voivodship, private business enterprises and remaining shareholders - 2,848%.
The Company is registered in the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000043944
- Sławomir Hunek - Chairman of the Management Board
- Artur Sawrycz - Vice-Chairman of the Management Board
- Wojciech Marek - Chairman
- Jerzy Świteńki
- Krzysztof Budnik
- Urszula Burek
- Sławomir Kwiecień
THE MISSION OF DARR is:
- to provide support for the development of private business enterprises and the adaptation of structures within the business environment towards working in conjunction with the European Union.
- We carry out our mission within the Dolny Śląsk Voivodship, while recognising the Wałbrzych region to be a particularly crucial area for our operations.
- The objective of our efforts is to increase the competitiveness of business enterprises and to adjust their offers to meet the requirements of the European market.